Location and Accommodations
The Families in Canada Conference 2019 will be hosted in Ottawa at the Infinity Convention Centre (national conference). Simultaneously, universities across the country will host satellite events.
NATIONAL CONFERENCE (OTTAWA)
Families in Canada Conference 2019
Infinity Convention Centre
2901 Gibford Drive
Ottawa, ON K1V 2L9
Parking at the Infinity Convention Centre is free.
Gender-neutral washrooms are available at the Infinity Convention Centre (wheelchair accessible).
Further information about the satellite events can be found on the associated university websites.
ACCOMMODATIONS – NATIONAL CONFERENCE (OTTAWA)
Delegates at the national conference in Ottawa and the satellite events are responsible for arranging their own accommodations, and it is strongly recommended to reserve early. There are no special rates. A limited number of accommodations subsidies are available. For more information, contact Conference coordination.
Please visit the satellite event websites for details on location, accommodations and travel at those events.
For delegates at the national conference in Ottawa, there is a variety of accommodations located near the Infinity Convention Centre:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Ottawa Airport
- Residence Inn by Marriott Ottawa Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Ottawa Airport
- Hampton Inn Ottawa Airport
For delegates staying at the Hampton Inn, the Vanier Institute has reserved a block of rooms at a special guest rate:
- Standard Two Queen, a rate of $154.00 (plus fees and applicable taxes)
- Standard King (with pull-out couch), a rate of $164.00 (plus fees and applicable taxes)
To book your accommodations
- Call the hotel directly (613-248-1113) and provide dates and block code VAI and the front desk staff will take care of the rest;
- Go to www.hampton.com and
- Enter city and dates
- Click on “add special rate codes”
- Enter VAI in the “group code” section
Space is limited so be sure to reserve your room today. This guest rate is not guaranteed after March 15.
These hotels provide:
- Free airport shuttle on both days of the conference between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Free surface and covered parking (at Residence Inn)
- Daily hot breakfast buffet
- 24-hour fitness room
- Pool and hot tub (at Residence Inn)
- Free Wi-Fi